A bill currently before the Michigan legislature would exempt equipment used to develop oil and gas wells from personal property taxes, according to The Traverse City Record-Eagle.
- The environmental and financial benefits of wind power in Iowa justify an extension of federal incentives for this kind of power, according to a report by Environment Iowa.
- On Nov. 19 at the Deloitte Oil & Gas Conference in Houston, Texas, energy finance experts discussed investment and financing opportunities in the oil and gas industry, as well as mergers and acquisitions occurring in the field.
- The U.S. produced more crude oil in October than it imported - a milestone the country reached for the first time since early 1995, according to the Energy Information Administration.
- As the U.S. produces increasing amounts of domestic shale gas, the country has been able to reduce its gas imports from foreign countries.
- Many companies are now seeing the appeal of making investments in renewable energy technologies.
- Broadwind Energy, Inc. (NASDAQ: BWEN) today reported sales of $62.4 million for the third quarter of 2013, a 13% increase compared to $55.0 million in the third quarter of 2012. The increase reflected the continued strength in the Towers and Weldments segment, partly offset by weaker results in the Gearing and Services segments.
- According to an article published by LiveScience Expert Voices, the development of wind power as a viable alternative to traditional energy sources depends heavily on the concurrent development of technologies to support it.
- The U.S. Treasury's Office of the Comptroller of the Currency currently permits national banks and federal savings associations to make tax-equity investments in wind farms in low-income regions that provide a public benefit.
- All news releases for 2013 in PDF format.
- All news releases for 2012 in PDF format.
- All news releases for 2011 in PDF format.